Home Repairs Program
Stabilizing homes, stabilizing communities
Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County continues to explore and execute new methods to serve families in our community through affordable housing solutions for persons in the 30%-60% of HUD-defined AMI. The housing solutions that we currently utilize are new home construction, home repairs, and rehabilitated housing.
The Home Repair Program will allow us to provide existing homeowners with safe, decent home environments and stabilize communities, leading to a stronger Gaston County.
If you have any questions about the application process or the application itself, please contact Jeannie Kirby, Homeowner Services Coordinator, at 704-864-6536 ext. 115 or email email@example.com
To qualify for assistance, homeowners must meet ALL of the following eligibility requirements:
- House must be owner-occupied. For properties with joint ownership, at least one owner must reside at the house full-time.
- For senior programs, at the time of application, at least one applicant must be age 62 or older.
- Application must be filled out completely.
- Property cannot be located in a flood zone.
- Homeowner must have owned the property for a minimum of one year at the time of application.
- Household income cannot exceed 60% of Area Median Income (AMI).
- No liens on property.
- Property taxes are current.