Join Our Team
Job Description – Finance Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
The position is responsible for conducting the fiscal functions of Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices. The Finance Manager supervises the Finance Coordinator and Office/Event Coordinator. Responsible for accounting functions, contracts, insurance, employee benefit programs, event center rentals, and office/facility management for the organization.
Job Conditions: The position is full-time (40 hours per week). The position requires regular office hours. Some evening and weekend work are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned as needed.
The Financial Manager:
- Is responsible for financial reporting which includes cash flow analysis, monthly financial reports and monthly projections
- Prepares Cost of Builds, Budget Performance Reports, Functional Expense analysis, etc. as needed
- Produces monthly budget vs. actual reports, Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement
- Creates projections for future projects and expenses
- Creates and maintains breakdowns of functional expenses
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets necessary for budgeting and tracking.
- Maintains class tracking systems in QB
- Creates and maintains a contract-tracking system including change orders to provide controls over payments
- Assists with fundraising activities as needed
- Supports and assists in the implementation of strategic goals and objectives
- Assists with development of the affiliate budget, prepares and monitors program & event budgets
- Prepares records and reports for year-end audit by independent audit firm
- Maintains records for potential future audits of grant funders
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll
- Prepares financial reports for grants
- Is responsible for benefits administration including insurance, workman’s compensation, file management, PTO, activation of coverage, etc.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining inventory of office and ReStore supplies
- Monitors all cash receipts and expenses for departments and projects
- Prepares G/L entries to adjust all accounts as needed
- Reconciles G/L, subsidiary ledgers and bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Reviews and reconciles mortgage loan servicing monthly
- Prepares reports for finance committee and board meetings
- Implements financial policies and procedures
- Supervise Finance Coordinator and Office/Event Coordinator
- Other duties as required
- Follows all organizational policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience managing a complete set of accounting books
- Proficiency with accounting software is required, QuickBooks Online preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel & Word
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with vendors, staff, board members, families, and anyone associated with Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and technical skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information, high ethical standards, positive attitude
- Able to adapt to and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting,
- Business or a related field is required
- 5 years of experience in accounting or business-related field
Equal Opportunity Employer
Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this position
Please email your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com. Please put “Finance Manager position” in the subject line of your email.