Volunteer at the ReStore
Habitat Gaston ReStore
Current ReStore Volunteer Opportunities
- Dock Room Volunteer
- Stock Room Volunteer
- Book Keeper
ReStore volunteer tasks include:
- Stocking shelves
- Customer service
- Sorting donations
- Working in book department
- Working in collectibles
- Help wrap & bag merchandise
- Sorting bags & wrapping paper
- Electrical testing
- Wood work
- Data entry
- Assisitng with donation calls after 3PM and on Saturdays
ReStore Volunteer FAQ’s
What do I need to wear?
Comfortable, casual clothes that you can work in and don’t mind getting dirty (jeans, athletic pants/shorts, etc.) shorts must be at least mid-thigh in length – no “short-shorts” Closed-toe, closed-heel shoes such as athletic trainers or work boots. No ballet shoes, Crocs, etc. If you arrive with inappropriate footwear, you will not be permitted to volunteer that day. Nametag (given to you by a staff member) Jacket/sweatshirt/raincoat – many tasks will require you to be outside, or in a backroom with open doors, so cold/rainy weather may be a factor.
What can’t I wear?
- Loose-hanging jewelry
- Hats/headwear, except baseball caps or religious headwear
- Anything featuring offensive or explicit slogans, language or images
- Overly-baggy clothing
- Clothing that interferes with your ability to work, including items that you don’t want to get dirty or paint on
- Anything that allows your undergarments to show, i.e. low-rise pants, sheer shirts, etc.
Is there an age limit to volunteer?
ReStore volunteers must be age 18 or older unless special arrangments have been made with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Is there a minimum amount of hours a day needed to volunteer?
The ReStore prefers volunteers to work in four hours shifts. However, special arrangements can be made by emailing the Volunteer Coordinator.
For more information please contact Habitat Gaston at 704-864-6536 x101 or email at email@example.com.