Join Our Team
Job Description – ReStore Receiver
Full-Time or Part-Time Positions
Receive items that are dropped off by donors or picked-up by the ReStore truck. Assist with the processing of donations from the dock to the sales floor. Assist with customer’s pick-up of large items.
- Previous warehouse and/or retail experience is preferred
- Be dependable, reliable, honest, and trustworthy
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Be friendly, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and reliable
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work with volunteers
- Ability to be a team player with staff and volunteers
- Provide excellent customer service
- Computer skills
Key Job Responsibilities of Receiving Department:
- Works under the supervision of Back Room Supervisor
- Follow and adhere to Safety Manual
- Receive items that are dropped off or picked up by the ReStore truck.
- Assist in unloading large items and transporting them to the sales floor once processed
- Test large appliances
- Prepare large items for placement on sales floor
- Sort donations into appropriate categories
- Inspect, clean, and have items tested prior to being priced and set on sales floor
- Have all electrical items taken to the test & repair area to be tested
- Have all damaged items taken to the test & repair area to be tested
- Make or modify store display fixtures for optimum use
- ReStore waste
- Separate scrap metal for recycling and call recycling company when container is full
- Separate cardboard from other waste and make sure they are put in their appropriate container and call pick-up company when full
- Complete daily closing checklist
- Return hand-trucks, carts, and dollies to their proper locations
- Keep items strategically located for the best material flow on the dock and receiving area
- Assist the truck drivers on pick-ups and drop-offs when required
- Assist with other projects and duties as assigned
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver in the ReStore and warehouse areas
- Works both indoor and outdoor as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer
Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this position
Please email your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “ReStore Receiver position” in the subject line of your email.