Join Our Team
Job Description – ReStore Donations Coordinator
$13.00 – $17.00 per hour
Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County is searching for a talented and committed professional to serve as our Donations Coordinator. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service while securing donations within Gaston County.
This position is responsible for organizing and coordinating the pick-up of donated goods within our community; to include entering pickup information into system, providing pickup and delivery schedules to donors, drivers, and store managers, and ensuring that items are picked up and delivered
in an efficient and timely manner. Also prepare tax-donation form for donors.
Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County offers an affordable benefits package; Health, Vision, Short & Long-Term Disability, Dental, Life and a Simple IRA as well as a competitive wage, PTO and holiday pay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned as needed.
The ReStore Donations Coordinator:
- Answers incoming calls and communications while providing outstanding customer service
- Call or email all donors scheduled for next day pickups and provide estimated window of time for arrival
- Efficiently route donations trucks for daily routes
- General data entry/record keeping for donations
- Assist with Truck Audits
- Maintain Truck Maintenance Logs
- Demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude when interacting with drivers, staff and donors ▪ Be an effective team member when working with staff and volunteers, ensuring the engagement and motivation of others
- Represent Habitat in a positive, professional manner
- Adhere to schedule
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Dependable transportation to work
- Ability to adhere to Habitat’s Code of Conduct policies and other policies
- Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County-related tasks as requested by supervisor
Education / Skills:
- Customer Service Experience; including basic knowledge of phone and computer operations
- Ability to use good judgment in scheduling donations and establishing routes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good grammar and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail ▪ Problem solving ability
- Basic math skills
- Excellent time management skills
Ability to operate a phone, computer and sit for long periods
Habitat Staff and Volunteers
Donors and Customers
Level of Authority:
- Requires minimal supervision
- Report to ReStore Manager
Estimated Time Commitment:
40 hours per week
Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County requires that each employee pass a background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this position
Please email your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com. Please put “Finance Manager position” in the subject line of your email.