Join Our Team
Job Description – Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County (Habitat Gaston) builds decent, safe and affordable housing throughout Gaston County, NC. The Development Manager provides overall management and coordination of fundraising efforts for Habitat Gaston in partnership with the Executive Director.
Job Conditions: The position is full-time (40 hours per week). The position requires regular office hours. Some evening and weekend work are required
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan that includes support from foundations, major donors, corporations, and individuals
- Work closely with the Executive Director to set fundraising strategy consistent with our programmatic goals
- Increase and diversify relationships and fundraising efforts through various methods
- Identify opportunities and effectively execute strategies for enhancing relationships with the philanthropic community as well as potential corporate partners.
- Produce timely submissions of grant proposals, budgets, updates and annual reports to corporate, foundation, and other sponsors
- Ensure development records are reconciled with accounting records, timely acknowledgements are sent, donor and prospect files are maintained and the database is maintained.
- All additional tasks as required and necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+years professional experience in nonprofit fundraising or development.
- Ability to work 40+ hours/week, including some weekends and evenings.
- Empathetic to Habitat for Humanity’s mission
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of development and strategies and how they can be supported by diverse activities
- Strong ability to communicate mission, combined with good interpersonal skills to work successfully with individuals and groups at all levels
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Creative thinking and implementation skills
- Strong working knowledge of fundraising software, Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, as well as social media
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent, in fundraising / non-profit management, marketing, communications, business or related area preferred)
Salary & Benefits
Offering a competitive salary and benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this position
Please email your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com. Please put “Development Manager position” in the subject line of your email.