Volunteers are the backbone of Habitat Gaston’s ReStore. If building a house doesn’t suit you, volunteer at the ReStore.
ReStore volunteer tasks include:
- Organizing inventory
- Pricing merchandise
- Greeting and assisting customers
- Stocking shelves
- Repair work
If you, your church, business, school, club or other group are interested in volunteering please contact Habitat Gaston by completing the ReStore Volunteer Form or by calling 704 854-3050 Ext 110
ReStore Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm | Sat 9am-5pm
ReStore Volunteer FAQ's
What do I need to wear?
- Comfortable, casual clothes that you can work in and don’t mind getting dirty (jeans, athletic pants/shorts, etc.) shorts must be at least mid-thigh in length – no “short-shorts”
- Closed-toe, closed-heel shoes such as athletic trainers or work boots. No ballet shoes, Crocs, etc. If you arrive with inappropriate footwear, you will not be permitted to volunteer that day.
- Nametag (given to you by a staff member)
- Jacket/sweatshirt/raincoat – many tasks will require you to be outside, or in a backroom with open doors, so cold/rainy weather may be a factor.
What can’t I wear?
- Loose-hanging jewelry
- Hats/headwear, except baseball caps or religious headwear
- Anything featuring offensive or explicit slogans, language or images
- Overly-baggy clothing
- Clothing that interferes with your ability to work, including items that you don’t want to get dirty or paint on
- Anything that allows your undergarments to show, i.e. low-rise pants, sheer shirts, etc.
Is there an age limit to volunteer?
ReStore volunteers must be age 18 or older unless special arrangments have been made with the ReStore Manager.
Is there a minimum amount of hours a day needed to volunteer?