Thank you for your interest in working with Habitat for Humanity Gaston County. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please review our current opening below.
Assistant ReStore Manager
- At least 3 years of experience in retail management/assistant management
- Ability to use multi-lne phone system, cash register/POS system, and general office equipment
- Computer knowledge that includes Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Be a team player dedicted to the Misson of the ReStore
- Able to speak and talk about the Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County Ministry
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to staff and volunteers
- Ability to perform most ReStore tasks in the absence of the ReStore Manager
- Provide leadership for the ReStore in the absence of the ReStore Manager
- Provide leadership for staff and volunteers to accomplish the Habitat Gaston ReStore Mission
- Provide and promote excellent customer service
- Actively solicit ReStore donations from surrounding community partners, local businesses, retailers, churches, institutions, etc.
- Provide the ReStore Manager with weekly and monthly reports on efforts of procuring donations through prospecting efforts. These reports should include the number of calls made, the success rate in obtaining merchandising that can be sold in the ReStore, and estimates of the revenue gained by these effrots
- Activley recruit volunteers by presenting the Habitat Gaston ReStore's ministry to local colleges, churches, family centers, etc.
- Provide orientation and training to volunteers and new staff members
- Be the primary resource for volunteers and assist them in making job assignment decisions that will bring them back to become part of the Habitat Gaston ReStore family
- Provide positive motivation and recogniton for employees and volunteers
- Assist the ReStore Manager in developing and implementing marketing and public relation campaigns for increasing donations and sales
- Assist with special projects as directed by the ReStore Manager
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver within the ReStore area
- Must be able to drive the ReStore trucks